Release v1.0.2

Coordinator
Aug 19, 2010 at 9:27 AM

Proposed features for this release

1. 24/7 Scheduler - allows you to set any number of times during the day when the health check should run and on which days (weekdays, weekends, pick from MTWTFSS etc)
  2. State Management - Health Checks, Activities and Schedulers can all read and write their state to a persistant storage; eg: store the last N results to decide how/what the check does next.

Any other requests/ideas?

Coordinator
Aug 21, 2010 at 8:32 PM
Edited Aug 22, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Whilst researching code/algorithms for timers I stumbled on Quartz.net...I knew about this project a while ago and looked at it before starting MonitorWang. Implementing more schedulers and local storage takes MonitorWang closer to Quartz...so, based on the reason I created MonitorWang - to create a simple monitoring system I'm going to concentrate on monitoring orientated extensions and improvements.

I'm going to ditch the state management feature to concentrate on a dashboard application to display the monitoring info. This next release will just include the 24/7 scheduler and I'll spend the rest of time on designing the dashboard. Initial thoughts for a dashboard are to create an "activity" that hosts a web server - this would serve a simple html page with a silverlight app embedded. Silverlight...because it can create wizzy effects and because I want to do more Silverlight!

I've got a few ideas to use MEF to power a plugin rendering architecture - I want to enable you to create your own custom rendering components for your custom health checks and also make it easy to deploy...possibly creating the XAP file on the fly if it detects new rendering plugins have been added.

Update: Found this...I think I'm on the right track!