Add NuGet packages

Developer
Mar 22, 2011 at 5:02 PM

It would be nice to have NuGet packages for custom plugins.

MonitorWang.Publishers package would include
   Magnum
   MonitorWang.Core
   MonitorWang.Core.Interfaces
   MonitorWang.Core.Interfaces.Magnum 

MonitorWang.HealthCheck package would include
    MonitorWang.Core
    MonitorWang.Core.Interfaces 

Coordinator
Mar 22, 2011 at 8:40 PM
Edited Mar 22, 2011 at 9:07 PM

I've been following NuGet (via Phil Haacks blog) and it looks pretty cool...I'll add "NuGet packaging" to the roadmap as I think it's a great way to make custom plugins more accessible and easier to build.

Cheers,

James

Developer
Mar 22, 2011 at 8:42 PM

I can create the packages and submit them if you want.  Then later, you can take ownership of them.  The big gain will be in integrating it with the build/release, so that new versions get pushed to Nuget also.

Coordinator
Mar 22, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Yeah, that would be cool - I'm spread a bit thin for development time on this so would certainly move this forward - I've just been reading the NuGet "getting started" guide and understand better where it would fit with custom plugin development.

One thought on this is to break the "core" assembly up even further to better partition the dependencies - the big one I would like to isolate is the NServiceBus stuff...any other partitions that would make life easier for the custom plugin developer?

Developer
Mar 24, 2011 at 2:17 AM

I submitted the MonitorWang.Publisher and MonitorWang.HealthCheck Nuget packages.  Right now they just add the dependencies.  Soon I'll update the package to create stub classes to implement also.

Developer
Mar 24, 2011 at 2:18 AM

Oh, and I had to put "jimbobdog" as the Author, since I don't know your actual name :)

Coordinator
Mar 24, 2011 at 6:18 PM
Edited Mar 24, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Hey that's awesome - I'll put the NuGet stuff in with v1.0.9 when it goes to .Net 4.0/2010 - I can mod the build & package scripts to create the NuGet packages too.

I have been restructuring the core code to make components more "testable" so this will need tweaking as Interfaces.Magnum is now gone.

PS: I'm James Simmonds ;)