Dashboard status?

Developer
Mar 22, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Back in v1.0.3, you were contemplating a Silverlight Dashboard.  Is that still in the works?  We can't/won't offload our monitoring to a third party and really need a local, hostable dashboard.  This is a killer feature for us.

Thanks

Coordinator
Mar 22, 2011 at 8:17 PM

The Geckoboard integration certainly bought me some time and got data visualisation, which is pretty important into MonitorWang as a quick win - however I realise it's not for everyone, there are a few issues with the Geckoboard route like security and cost.

That said - the Silverlight dashboard that I originally envisaged would be a lot of work however the links I originally posted should form the core framework so take some of the sting out of it. In terms of moving this forward I'll add it onto the roadmap page to make it a commitment and also open an "Incubating" discussion on it to start gathering ideas and feature set for it.

After I've got v1.0.8 out I should have some time to look at taking on another "epic" feature and would welcome your input shaping the feature up via the "incubating" discussion page.

Cheers,

James